[TYPO3] Hook when saving content element in BE

Matthias Stuebner news at contratec.de
Thu Jun 7 20:14:32 CEST 2007

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 16:47:50 +0200, serge vleugels wrote:

> If you want data stored in fields not editable by the user, define them
> in the tca, but do not put them in the types array, i have used it this
> way and works like a charm, or better, put them in the types array, but
> dont give none admins access (using "exclude" => 1 in the tca)

The thing I struggle with is, that as soon as I set the type in TCA
= "none" to make it read-only the datafield seems not to be processed by
that hook anymore. I tested it several times and could reproduce it.

So setting it to admin only might give the same result, but I would call it
a hack only.

Anyway, thanx for your help.
--
br Matthias