[TYPO3] Back end goes blank

Thu Jun 7 18:28:24 CEST 2007

Am Thu, 07 Jun 2007 10:29:17 -0500 schrieb Bing Du:

> Hi,
>
> Typo3 4.0.6
>
> The back end went blank again today.  Again, manually deleting the
> temp_CACHED_* files in typo3conf/ brought it back.  I checked the
> typo3conf/localconf.php file and noticed the last change was made on
> 5/23/2007.  I've seen the problem twice in the past couple of years. Can
> anybody shed some light on what might be going on?  How and why
> temp_CACHED_* files prevent back end from showing up?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Bing

Hi Bing,

the temp_CACHED_* files include the extensions. You see a blank backend
typically during updates, if dependencies between extensions are out of
order. Files, functions or objects are requested by extensions but
not have been loaded in the right order and the whole PHP processing breaks.

That starts the circulus vitiosus. You can't delete the temp_CACHED_* files
with the green clear cache buttons any more, because the button  itself
doesn't show up because of the blank pate.

The cause for missing dependencies seems to be a bug in the extension
upload tool, wich often looses the dependences during upload for
mysterious reasons I can't figure out.

Until that has been fixed by the core team, you will probably see a blank
backend now and then upon updates and you have to order the extension keys
manually with an text editor.

Not a solution for everybody. Yeah, that's why they proudly call TYPO3 an
expert system ;-)

Regards

Elmar