[TYPO3] Restricted pages in FE generate 404-error

Tomas Havner tomas.havner at kansli.lth.se
Thu Jun 7 14:13:51 CEST 2007

Hi!

We are trying to build a solution with restricted pages in FE. The problem
occurs when a user tries to access a restricted page. The system then throws
a 404-error and the user is of course confused. What we would like is for
the system to display a login-box instead.

We don't want to sacrifice the 404-page and direct the user to a higher
level, and "typolinkLinkAccessRestrictedPages" is not good enough because
the user might use a bookmark or type in the url directly in the browser.

In localconf.php we have:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['pageNotFound_handling'] = '/404/';
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS[FE][pageNotFound_handling_statheader] = 'HTTP/1.0 404 Not
Found';

Has anyone a solution to this?

Thanks

Tomas