[TYPO3] Localization problem

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Thu Jun 7 11:28:00 CEST 2007

Ok Jeppe a bit further:

If you want to setup the pages with the same structure like your original
page the you have to insert some lines in the DS of each Template.

Go to TemplaVoila
StorageFolder
Choose your Datastructure where the Template is in you are using (TIP - make
a copy and then you can switch afterwards between separate and same
structure easily)

Open the DS Record
 Check the Datastructure XML:
here you have to insert
        <langChildren type="integer">1</langChildren>
        <langDisable type="integer">1</langDisable>

Should look like this afterwards:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes" ?>
> <T3DataStructure>
>         <langChildren type="integer">1</langChildren>
>         <langDisable type="integer">1</langDisable>
>     <ROOT type="array">
>         <tx_templavoila type="array">
>             <title>ROOT</title>
>             <description>Select the HTML element on the page which you
> want to be the overall container element for the template.</description>
>         </tx_templavoila>

Now you will be able to use ONLY the same structure

If you have made a copy of the DS before we changed it rename it something
like DS-seperate.

Now you copy also all TOs assigned to this DS
Open every TO record and assign the DS-separate Structure to it.

Now you can choose between working with an separate structure or with same
structure easily and you can switch inbetween.

--------------------

LAST an IMPORTANT step

Check if you have created the Languages in te Globe
Then check your setup if you have inserted the Language record here.

i.e.
#LanguageMenu
lib.languageMenu < plugin.tx_srlanguagemenu_pi1
lib.languageMenu.languagesUidsList = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
lib.languageMenu.defaultLayout= 0
subparts.languageMenu < lib.languageMenu

# Localization:
config {
linkVars = L
sys_language_mode = content_fallback
sys_language_overlay = 1
}

[globalVar = GP:L=1]
config {
sys_language_uid = 1
language = en
locale_all = en_EN
metaCharset = utf-8
}

[globalVar = GP:L=2]
config {
sys_language_uid = 2
language = de
}

[globalVar = GP:L=3]
config {
sys_language_uid = 3
language = th
}

[globalVar = GP:L=4]
config {
sys_language_uid = 4
language = cn
}

[globalVar = GP:L=5]
config {
sys_language_uid = 5
language = ar
}

[globalVar = GP:L=6]
config {
sys_language_uid = 6
language = il
}

[globalVar = GP:L=7]
config {
sys_language_uid = 7
language = gr
}

[globalVar = GP:L=8]
config {
sys_language_uid = 8
language = ru
}

[globalVar = GP:L=9]
config {
sys_language_uid = 9
language = hi
}

[globalVar = GP:L=10]
config {
sys_language_uid = 10
language = jp
}

[global]

And then it should work - if you have also a language changer on the page
:-)  - Check it

Andi