[TYPO3] split elements

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Wed Jun 6 14:47:55 CEST 2007

> I use the following Typoscript to split my content elements.
> I only want to use this splitter in the normal column.
> However the splitter is placing a ###SPLITTER### marker in every
> column on the frontend now witouth splitting it. What is wrong in my
> TS?
>
> TS:
> tt_content {
>    stdWrap.outerWrap = |###SPLITTER###
> }

This is wrong, since it will wrap all elements coming from tt_content
regardless of the column settings. Since outerWrap got stdWrap properties
itself you could use a CASE element to check for colPos. If colPos is 0
(normal) do something, else do nothing.

tt_content {
    stdWrap.outerWrap.cObject = CASE
    stdWrap.outerWrap.cObject {
        key.field = colPos
        0 = TEXT
        0.value  = |###SPLITTER###
    }
}

This way you can easily activate the SPLITTER for other columns as well, and
this is why I would use it rather than a check with if.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC/Xing: http://www.cybercraft.de