[TYPO3] Direct Mail, fetching tt_news from a news plugin

Diego Pino Garcia dpino at igalia.com
Wed Jun 6 13:23:49 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I am experienced some problems while sending a newsletter which contains
tt_news records via direct_mail.

I set a newsletter page with one News plugin inside. I put it under my
Direct Mail System Folder. I opened it for showing, and checked that
news are fetched and rendered correctly. It seems to work fine.

However, once I generate a direct mail from this newsletter, and send it
by email, then I open up the mail but there are no news on it. So
basically my problem is that tt_news elements are not fecthed while
sending direct mail. I send emails as HTML, no plainText.

Interestingly, once I got this error, if later I open this newsletter
again as a page, news are not showed (which supposed to work fine
before) unless I clean the caches at Direct Mail System Folder -> Template.

I set no template properties or whatsoever at Direct Mail System Folder
neither on my newsletter page (perhaps I may need to put sth here, no
idea...)

Any help or hint would be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Diego Pino

OS: Debian 4.0
Typo3: 4.1