[TYPO3] hacking / file permissions

Andreas Otto andreas.otto at dkd.de
Wed Jun 6 09:47:35 CEST 2007

Hi Patrick,

Patrick Gaumond wrote:
> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/security_check/0.1.4/
>
> Maybe some CoreDEV should have a look at it to see if it's the kind of
> addition worth integrating into core...

This extension does not provide security checks in the sense of checking the
source code of an extension for SQL injections, CSS and so on. The
extension is doing checks on configuration settings. Something the install
tool is already doing.

Although the extension has been enhanced since I first looked at it IMHO
only the items 42 - 44 [1] are of interest regarding file permissions.

[1]<http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/security_check/0.1.4/view/1/1/>

Cheers,
Andreas