[TYPO3] gpvar into constants or setup?

Andrew Davis andrew at avagraphique.com
Wed Jun 6 06:22:25 CEST 2007

Hi list,

I am trying to pass a variable from url into extension tmailform.

I see that in setup ts it can be passed to tmailform like this

plugin.tx_pilmailform_pi1.defaultValues (
   FIELD_VAL; plain; text:This is what autofills
)

I want to do something like this, that will put the passed variable
&value=whatever into the setup:

plugin.tx_pilmailform_pi1.defaultValues (
   FIELD_VAL; plain; text:{GPvar:value}
)

but it just fill in "{GPvar:value}" in the field (doesn't substitute the
value from the url)

I can set that to {$a_constant} so it looks like

plugin.tx_pilmailform_pi1.defaultValues (
   FIELD_VAL; plain; text:{$a_constant}
)

and it will correctly fill in my constant there....

but then how can I set a constant to be the url variable?

in constants i have tried

a_constant = {GPvar:value}

but it just sets it as the text "{GPvar:value}"... same problem as before.

is there any solution here?

thanks in advance for any help,
Andrew