[TYPO3] prev/next navigation with dropdown menu for pages in between.

Morten Kjems mortenkjems at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 06:07:58 CEST 2007

Hi.

I have been trying to create a good navigation system for long articles
with several chapters.

My goal is to achieve  something like this:

<< Prev | Table of contents | Next >>

Where table of content is a drop down menu.

By using this code snippet I have created the Prev/next navigation:

lib.prevnextnav = HMENU
lib.prevnextnav {
    special = browse
    special {
    items = prev|next
    prev.fields.title = << Previous page
    next.fields.title = Next page >>
    }
      1 = TMENU
      1.NO {
           linkWrap = | &#124; | *||
            }
            }

To make room for the drop down menu in between prev and next I am
planing to map a separate menu for Prev and Next. That would make it
possible to map a drop down menu in the middle.

I have not been working that much with building menus and I am unsure
where to start. I have been searching for code snippets but most of the
findings is complex menus for site navigation.

I am looking for something simple that includes the same pages as the
HMENU above. That being only pages that are on the same level.

Can anyone suggest a good place to be inspired?

I have not worked that much with menus so something to start out with
would be a big help.

Or maybe someone have a code snippet that does the job.

Thanks
Morten