[TYPO3] wfqbe and mssql ?

Mauro Lorenzutti mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com
Tue Jun 5 09:24:55 CEST 2007

Hi Alex,
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to setup wfqbe in an existing TYPO3 installation.
> I could manage to create an authentication record which allows me to target
> the QBE wizard to the local TYPO3 base (on mysql), so I think I got it to be
> correctly installed.
>
> However I have a hard time connecting to the remote MSSQL server. The QBE
> wizard tells me the connection fails.

What error type do you get? Is it a wfqbe output or a server connection
failure?

> I don't know much about wfqbe and nothing about mssql either (I'm an oracle
> and mysql guy). What puzzles me is that I have a server name of the form
> XXXXX\YYYYY, then something that looks like a DB name, and usual
> login/password. I can use those data to browse the server with MS's
> enterprise server tools, so I think they are good.

To connect to a MSSQL server you need to specify the host (in the form
XXX\YYYY), the DBMS type (MSSQL server), the username and the password.
I tested it this morning and it works fine.

> I don't see why wfqbe doesnt want to connect to MSSQL.
>
> Is there a way of getting logs out of wfqbe ?
At the moment this is not possible... I'll add it in a new version.

Can you send me the error you get so I can check it?

Regards,

--
 Mauro Lorenzutti

e-mail:  mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com