[TYPO3] FORM, defined using ts, not sending to email address

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon Jun 4 16:02:27 CEST 2007

>> Use the TypoScript Object Browser TSOB and tell me what you find
>> here:
>>
>> tt_content
>> +    mailform
>>       +    20
>>             +    recipient
>>                   field
>>
>> if you find anything there, ask yourself what this could mean for
>> your form ;-)
>>

> thank you for suggestion, but my typoscript is included from external
> file and does not seem to be showing up on the object browser.... I
> will try and place the ts into the template record instead of
> including it, and hopefully that will allow me to better troubleshoot.

Your major problem might be that you are copying your new settings into the
original element like that:

tt_content.original < temp.mysettings

this will leave any settings that you didn't provide in your temp.mysettings
intact.
So if there was something like

tt_content.original.somesetting = somefield

this will remain as is as long as you didn't override it with

temp.mysettings.somesetting = somefield

So if there was a recipient setting in the original mailform, taking the
value from a DB field this will still be done, thus making the recipient you
made in your temp setup disappear.
Recipient is a special case, since there is a TS property for this special
purpose, and this will override any settings from the data array.

To get rid of the old settings you should always empty the original first.

tt_content.original >
tt_content.original < temp.mysettings

HTH

Joey