[TYPO3] problem with POSTGRE bytea+bigint

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sun Jun 3 14:18:35 CEST 2007

Hey TOMAJ,

I have never seen TYPO3 creating a bytea field type,
however I also need to admit I stopped TYPO3
creating the tables for me because to often I need
to create my own schema's and what typo3 creates
is less optimal.

Possible is that you let typo3 create the field types,
and now you want to make your own join. In the case of the bytea
you where (I think) planning to make a n-m relation without using
  a MM table. In that case there are functions for creating the
'correct' joins using some funky comma-separate field list
using LIKE. If that is the case then I would strongly
suggest using MM tables since TYPO3 create a
non left anchored query to get to it's solution which is slow
for larger tables.

Ries