[TYPO3] TV concept: default templates (DS/TO) RESOLVED PARTLY

Georg Rehfeld georg.rehfeld at gmx.de
Sun Jun 3 05:00:06 CEST 2007

Hi all,

seems, I'm a little bit -vvv (verbose) this night :-)

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Georg Rehfeld wrote:
>> to not let this part of the thread totally unresolved (for the archive
>> readers): I made the "mistake" to use the security reviewed version of
>> TV (1.1.1 at time of writing) delivered with the current TYPO3
>> installation (4.1.1).
>
> TV was never delivered with TYPO3 in any official package.

OK, you are right, but 4.1.1 is configured to only offer "security
reviewed versions" in the extension manager by default ... which _is_
a very good thing in general.

So (without trying to put any stress on the security review team) it
would be very nice, to have TV 1.3.1 reviewed (at least the diffs) and
released as "security reviewed".

As _you_ are the main committer to this extension in the last time, I
know, that you (officially) can't do the review yourself (which is a
good thing again).

But you _can_ advise the security team to spots, where they should have
a closer look (though I couldn't discover any, mostly due to lack of
knowledge).

In the special case of the "tx_templavoila" extension I think the
security team should prefer reviews of TV, because it nowadays is such
an essential part of TYPO3. Even, if it would remain for ever as an
extension, and the tutorial remains named "Futuristic ...", todays
practice shows, that the 'future' (as of some years ago) is _now_
reality.

Half of the TYPO3 community (or so, I've no statistics, but you should
have) already relies on TemplaVoila, even with it's poor documentation,
just because it IS A VERY GOOD extension and the way to go (IMHO).

regards, Georg
--
   ___   ___
  | + | |__    Georg Rehfeld      Woltmanstr. 12     20097 Hamburg
  |_|_\ |___   georg.rehfeld.nospam at gmx.de    +49 (40) 23 53 27 10

               (Delete .nospam from mail address)