[TYPO3] TV concept: default templates (DS/TO) RESOLVED another one

Georg Rehfeld georg.rehfeld at gmx.de
Sat Jun 2 22:56:49 CEST 2007

Hi again group,

by analysis of the TemplaVoila SVN log messages and diffs I found
another answer (see below).

Georg Rehfeld wrote:
>>> - authors could change easily to a totally unrelated DS/TO, breaking
>>>   the CI of a subtree, simply by not seeing, what the default is.
>> Nope. You can forbid them to change these fields and you can limit them
>> in types of available DS/TO.
>
> So that sounds interesting too, obviously there is a way to restrict
> users to specific DS/TO? Hmm, the word "type" seems to be a hint here.
> I mean to remember having read about "type" in TV context somewhere,
> can't actully remember where in the 1500 pages of material ... sigh.
>
> Though it wouldn't really help in my case, the configured subpage DS/TO
> is more a hint than a strict requirement, authors may decide
> differently, when there is a reason to do so.

Yes, in TV 1.3.1/later there is a new feature, which wasn't there before
version 1.3.0: disallow certain DS/TO for groups of users! Might be,
most of you already know it, but there is a chance, that others like me
didn't recognize it too, it seems to be nowhere documented, for sure not
in the TV document accompanying the extension (unless I'm blind).

So here it goes, compare (image has Open Content License)

   http://georg-rehfeld.de/test/typo3/ds_to_probs_06.jpg

At the very end of the backend usergroup settings form there is a new
field "Disallow access to TemplaVoila objects:" where you can browse for
DS and/or TO records in your storage folder and thus forbid the selected
DS/TOs for members of the group. After saving the form members of that
group don't see these DS/TOs anymore in the select boxes (unless a
DS/TO is already assigned by someone else with proper rights, according
to some comment, not tested by me). This applies to page templates as
well as to flexible content elements (as far as I understand, FCEs ain't
testet by me). Disallowing a DS also disables all TOs associated with
it. The field even has a context sensitive help with a useful
explanation.

Though this doesn't help in my case, this _is_ a very valuable new
feature, nicely implemented by Dmitry (obviously with some effort, that
was sponsored by 2 companies from Hamburg).

It will e.g. come in very handy in larger sites, where subtrees of the
site have a special CI variant and authors are restricted to just these
subtrees. Etc., explore for your self.

I would want, the TV document would be updated to describe this
feature. Though the feature almost is self explanatory, when one knows
about it, the latter is the problem: in my case I had seen the usergroup
form and had already configured my groups _before_ upgrading to TV
1.3.1, so I missed the new feature totally, also because the usergroup
form is so overwhelming long. If the image above is found usefull, feel
free to use it.

regards, Georg
--
   ___   ___
  | + | |__    Georg Rehfeld      Woltmanstr. 12     20097 Hamburg
  |_|_\ |___   georg.rehfeld.nospam at gmx.de    +49 (40) 23 53 27 10

               (Delete .nospam from mail address)