[TYPO3] Typo3 and ImageMagick

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 18:16:16 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 6/1/07, Loek Hilgersom <hilgersom at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> I kept on having some issues with IM v6.2.4 on my dev-server. After reading this
> post I decided to install GM (1.1.7) and indeed, all problems solved at once!
>
> In the few tests I ran just I found that the performance improved by about 40%
> compared to IM! So, yes, it's GraphicsMagick go-go-go! Finally ditched IM,
> hurray. :-)

First off: changing to GM where possible is a /good/ idea.

But I just wanted to mention that I have never experienced /any/
problems with IM versions 6+. Chances are your issue was a problem
with the install tool's mind-bogglingly difficult to understand IM
configuration options.

Re-reading your initial post, you should also be sure to set
"[GFX][png_truecolor] = 1" in the install tool or in localconf.php.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/