[TYPO3] Typo3 and ImageMagick

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Jun 1 12:48:39 CEST 2007

Benjamin Todd wrote: on 01.06.2007 11:22:

> I am designing a website that I want to use the GIFBUILDER to create the
> headings, using text shadows and jpeg output. The problem is we have
> version 6.0.7.1-16 and my Network team say that downgrading to version
> 4.2.9 may be tricky with the system we have. This means I haven't been
> able to get the effects working correctly with the sub images and
> quality setting.
>
> Is there an alternative solution we can use?
>
> Also the server uses Red Hat and we cant find a website where we can
> download ImageMagick 4.2.9 for Red Hat so if anyone knows where it is
> possible to find one, it would be very helpful.

As Francois already pointed out: GraphicsMagick is the choice to make.
Since 4.0, TYPO3 is "optimized" for GM and we recommend it instead of IM
4.2.9. You only will need the setting "im_version_5 = gm" and everything
works.

Most Linux distributions have GraphicsMagick as a ready package, so
maybe this is easier for your hoster to install.

Cheers,
Ernesto