[TYPO3] RealURL configuration skipping levels in the page tree

Morten Kjems mortenkjems at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 12:50:58 CEST 2007

Hi.

I am using a standard configuration for RealURL and it works fine.

However the url's becomes very long. So I wonder if there is a way to
skip a few levels that only works to organize my pages in the back end.

With my current setup I get this type of URL:

http://mydomain.com/en/category/categoryname/articletype/pagetitle.html

I would like to skip the language indication "en" and the "category" in
the URL so the result is like this:

http://mydomain.com/categoryname/articletype/pagetitle.html

Any suggestions on how to achieve this?

I find the documentation a bit overwhelming so all leads to which part
of the setup code to work on would be great.

Thanks
/Morten