[TYPO3] Backend Labels missing

Alex Hobbs alexjhobbs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 05:59:36 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've transfered my Typo3 4.0 installation across to another server as
a .tarball. The database has also been transfered.

Everything is fine except that for some reason most of the labels in
the backend are missing. This includes most of the modules etc, and
any dropdowns, pagecontent info etc.

I figured it was something to do with the lang extension, but I've
reinstalled, adjusted the localconf file, you name it. I can't work it
out.

Is there an easy solution without having to do a reinstall or upgrade.

Thanks, Alex.