[TYPO3] dynamic image from outside of the fileadmin folder?

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Mon Jul 30 14:56:51 CEST 2007

Okay I still have some problems with this. Everytime I use the same
picture numerous times the duplicate pictures don't show up: the picture
photo.jpg does show up, but the duplicates photo_01.jpg (and so on)
disappear. The thumbnail of photo_01.jpg in BE element browser shows up
fine; only the fe is blank.

I guess this has to do with the folder t3 uses for the temporary
pictures. And it seems the temporary pictures of the media field are
saved in the uploads/media folder. (I haven't figured out how to change
this)

I've tried in the install tool for example:

[FE][addAllowedPaths] = myfolder,uploads,uploads/media/
[FE][allowedTempPaths] = uploads/media/

And my template setup is now:

page.1.marks.kuva = IMG_RESOURCE
page.1.marks.kuva {

 # Default image if no image is inserted on the page
    file = fileadmin/kuvat/560x200-01.jpg
    file.import.data = levelmedia: -1, "slide"

 # Folder to upload the userdefined images to
    file.import = myfolder/groups/32/
    file.alternativeTempPath = uploads/media/
    file.import.listNum = 0
    file.import.override.field = media
    }

But the duplicate pictures don't show up - any ideas are very very
welcome :)

- Katja