[TYPO3] import tables

Mauro Lorenzutti mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com
Mon Jul 30 12:35:34 CEST 2007

Ciao Ilaria,
> Hi list,
> I'm creating new website with typo3 version 1.4

I think you are speaking about TYPO3 4.1

> It's a restyling and a new pages organization.
> So I've to rescue special contents from my old site version.
>
> I have to import these content tables:
> ****Mininews****
> tx_mininews_news

> These are very important, there are 2 thousand of posts
> tx_maillisttofaq_faq
> tx_maillisttofaq_faqcat
> tx_maillisttofaq_inmail
> tx_maillisttofaq_ml
> tx_maillisttofaq_ml_searchstat
> tx_maillisttofaq_ml_stick
> tx_maillisttofaq_mlcontent
>
> ****Faq Category****
> tx_irfaq_cat
> tx_irfaq_expert
> tx_irfaq_q
>
> ****Calendar****
> tx_skcalendar_category
> tx_skcalendar_events
> tx_skcalendar_exeptions
> tx_skcalendar_location
> tx_skcalendar_organizer
> tx_skcalendar_targetgrou
>

> Is there a typo3 utility to dump and import these tables?

You can use the import/export utility:
For more info about this tool you can go in the TYPO3 BE, select
"Manual" (under "Help") and then search for import/export.

You can also make a db migration with phpmyadmin but you have to pay
attention to the pid field (this field specifies the parent page, where
the records are stored).

Why don't you make a copy of your TYPO3 installation and your DB and
then you make an upgrade of this new installation?

Regards,

--
 Mauro Lorenzutti

e-mail:  mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com