[TYPO3] cannot login to BE and Install Tool

Walter Jenner walter.jenner at fh-joanneum.at
Mon Jul 30 09:07:58 CEST 2007

Pierre Rouwens schrieb:
> Hi Walter,
>
> Give a try with :
>
> sql mode =NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION
>
> Pierre
>
> Walter Jenner a écrit :
>> Hi Everybody!
>>
>> I have a strange problem, with my Typo3 Installation on an IIS Server
>> (Wasn't my choice). I cannot login neither BE nor to Install-Tool.
>>
>> * I think the Server is IIS 5 on Win2003.
>>
>> * mySql is 5.0.22
>>     sql mode =
>> STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION
>>
>>     (should I try MYSQL4 for the sql-mode??)
>>
>> * php is 5.2.0
>>     sessions are working, I've tested that already
>>
>> * typo3 is 4.1.2
>>

>> The database user has all rights for the typo3 database.
>>
>> The BE-users I'm trying are existing in the database-table.
>>
>> The install tool password I'm trying is correct, as I checked this in
>> the localconf.php. That I don't see the usual hint ("The password you
>> just tried has this md5-value: ") when I try to login, is also an sign
>> for me that the password is correct.
>>
>> I set doNotCheckReferer = 1 as well as lockIP = 0
>>
>> Another information which might be important: During the installation
>> empty tables where created, so I inserted a dump from the local
>> installation.
>>
>> Last not least: JavaScript and Cookies are enabled.
>>
>> Has anyone an idea? Any help would be apreciated, thanks in advance
>>
>> Walter

Thanks for your answer Pierre!

As I've tried on my development server, the option "STRICT_TRANS_TABLES"
  prohibits the login to the backend. Without that option, it works fine!

So I hope my (Inhouse) Server-Admin removes this option from the my.cnf ...

Anyway, the problem that I cannot login to the Install Tool seems to
remain, as I can login on the development-server even with
"STRICT_TRANS_TABLES". So I guess, removing it on the live-server will
not make the login possible. But I will check this later.. step by step.

Thanks again and best regards,
Walter