[TYPO3] Typo3 and multiple default language

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Jul 26 20:31:09 CEST 2007

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:06:34 +0200, Raphael GEYER wrote
with subject "Re: [TYPO3] Typo3 and multiple default language":

> Hi Bernd,
>
> You are right in TYPO3 we can mix severall languages in default pages.
> But if a web site uses 3 languages like EN, DE and FR do we need to use 4
> languages in TYPO3 : Default(mix of EN, DE and FR), EN, DE and FR ?
> In this way any created page can be translated in any language, this way a
> new page may be created in german and an EMPTY alternative page language in
> DE is associated and the website should only be browsed with L=1,2 or 3 and
> not in default language may this work ?
>
> Did somebody already work this way ? Is there a better solution ?

as far as you translate every page you will have no problems.
the default-language (pages and content in default-language) normaly is a
fall-back if a page does not exist in the actual language.

If yopu don't need this fall-back you may deselect this functionality and
have a different menu/ sitemap/ page tree in each language.
and so there are language-selectors which can decide whether there is a
translation of the actual page to a language, you will get no broken links.

just find a solution what will happen if your site is called without
L-Paramter. ;-)

Bernd
--
Don't ask what the TYPO3-community can do for you.
Ask what you can do for the TYPO3-community.