[TYPO3] Typo3 and multiple default language

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Jul 25 23:40:02 CEST 2007

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 13:01:23 +0200, Luc Muller wrote
with subject "[TYPO3] Typo3 and multiple default language":

> Hello list.
>
> Does anyone here already has to handle a website, with multiple default
> language ?
> I mean, a website where I can set page in english content by default, and
> some other page in other language.
> basiccaly a website where english BE user will set his content in english,
> and other language user will set the content in their own language
> And of course handling the right translation in the right language, handling
> the default country flag in the right way, and the default language in
> indexed search and so on the right way.
>
> I'm just looking for ideas on how to handle those kind of things, and if
> anyone has already faced this kind of website.
>
> I'm not sure if I'm clear enough about the topic, but feel free to discuss
> about it.

the default language (language-id=0) of pages or content is not fixed at
all. For plugins which have to select the correct language (locallang.*)
you can define a value with:
	config.language = en

the other typoscript assignements like
	config.locale_all = en_EN
	config.htmlTag_langKey = en
are for a correct HTML-header

and
	config.sys_language_uid = 0
is for selecting any language.

you may ignore the index 0 and prefer any other language as default
	config.sys_language_uid = 4

in this kind you can define another default-value for each page (extension
templates)

using only sys_language_uid = 0 will make problems with indexed-search
where you can select one language(ID) for searchings.
which langue is language=0, if the default-language changes for each page?

Bernd