[TYPO3] dynamic image from outside of the fileadmin folder?

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Wed Jul 25 17:13:53 CEST 2007

Hi folks,

I'm trying to make a dynamic header with a background image. I found the
code below and the default image shows fine. I also get the user images
uploaded fine in the "myfolder/groups/32/" and they can be selected with the
element browser normally. The problem is that the image doesn't show in fe,
the source shows no path to the image: style="background:url()

The folder "myfolder/groups/32/" isn't in the fileadmin folder but in the
root of the site (like "fileadmin") and I suspect this is the reason. I've
tried different kind of path definitions (also in install tool), but no luck
so far. So I'm wondering is this a killer configuration to have a user
folder outside of fileadmin folder or is there maybe a way to get this
working?

Any help or pointers greatly appreciated :)
- Katja

page.1.marks.kuva = IMG_RESOURCE
page.1.marks.kuva {

 # Default image if no image is inserted on the page
    file = fileadmin/pics/560x200-01.jpg
    file.import.data = levelmedia: -1, "slide"

 # Folder to upload the userdefined images to
    file.import = myfolder/groups/32/
    file.import.listNum = 0
    file.import.override.field = media
 }