[TYPO3] Convert all the email addresses to images

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 18:58:04 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 7/24/07, Livius Agrippa <livius_agrippa at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Christopher Torgalson wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > On 7/24/07, Livius Agrippa <livius_agrippa at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I want to convert all email address into images and when such an image
> >> is clicked the mail application will be opened.
> >> Is there any extension which can do this or anybody knows how can I do
> >> this?
> >

> > Big question: why?
> >
> > If the image is clickable, and is to launch the client email app, then
> > the markup must still contain 'href="mailto:email at domain.tld"'--even
> > if it's obfuscated using javascript/config.spamProtectEmailAddresses
> > etc.
> >
> > Seems like a lot of work for near-zero return...
> >

> Hi,
>
> Thank you both for the fast answers.
>
> First of all I want to show you a page
> http://www.ida.ing.tu-bs.de/index.php?id=321
>
> On this page you can see what I mean but I think this was developed
> inside the extension because the mail from the right is parsed
> differently (sekretariat...).
>
> Secondly, how should I parse the email addresses in my extension because
> the email addresses are not changed by this configuration.
> config.spamProtectEmailAddresses = 1

You have to parse the email addresses in your extension through the
typolink function--you should do this with ALL links your extension
generates, otherwise your extension's links will not be changeable by
simulateStaticDocuments, RealURL or CoolURI.

Use "$this->cObj->typoLink($linktxt, $conf)" where

$linktxt is "The string (text) to link," and
$conf is an array of "TypoScript configuration" as shown on the
typolink page in the TSref [1].

For convenient development access to the TYPO3 API, install the
"Extension Development Evaluator" [2].

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/