[TYPO3] Quickstart istallation failure, can't create database

Andrew van Marle andrew.vanmarle at linxtelecom.com
Wed Jul 18 17:11:49 CEST 2007

Hi,

First post here, total newbie when it comes to typo3 (and the like).

I'm in the quickstart installation procedure, and I have to enter a data base name to be created. When I do I get this error:
ERRORS
0
Could not create database 'wlinxtest' (...not created)
Click the browsers "Back" button to reenter the values.

I have searched the web for an answer but I haven't found anything (except an answer in german, which don't understand well enough).

Does anyone know how to get around this problem?

With kind regards,

Andrew van Marle

This e-mail and the  information it  contains is for the use of the addressee(s) and may be  privileged.  Unauthorised  use,  disclosure or  copying is strictly  prohibited. If you are not the/an addressee and are in possession of this e-mail, please notify us immediately.
<-- Andrew van Marle (andrew.vanmarle at linxtelecom.com) - 18/7/2007 - typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de (typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de) -->