[TYPO3] Showing hidden Content Elements when logged in to BE

Helge Preuss scout at hyperspace-travel.de
Tue Jul 17 11:28:48 CEST 2007

Hi list,

when I am logged in to the Backend, I can see hidden pages in the
Frontend. I should be able to see hidden Content Elements too, right?

No. If you are logged in, hidden CEs are still not visible.

In fact, it's a little more complicated (and weird, IMHO). If you watch
a /hidden/ page, hidden CEs are visible. If you look at an unhidden
page, they aren't.

Is this a bug (I suppose so)? Is there anything I can do to get around
this limitation (I have no idea - short of, perhaps, upgrading)? Or am I
totally wrong and this effect is caused by my own, particular,
configuration?

I run Typo3 4.0.5.

Thanks in advance,

Helge