[TYPO3] Clean the database

Krystian Szymukowicz t33kRE.MO.VE. at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Sat Jul 14 10:53:36 CEST 2007

Nagita Karunaratne wrote:
> Fred wrote:
>> Hello,
>> After a certain lap of time the database is full with useless datas.
>> I saw some options on the backend "DB check" but do you know if it's
>> possible to drop some datas, like the deleted ones, for exemple ?
>
> Hi,
>
> There are some clean up functions in version 4.1
>
> http://typo3.org/development/articles/release-notes-41/page/2/
>
> But I don't know if this is possible with an earlier version.

hello

Command line scripts is an advanced thing.

Maybe first just try
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/kj_recycler/3.2.0/

Then if you are familiar with phpMyAdmin you can install:
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/phpmyadmin/0.2.1/
and try to clear the sys_log and sys_history table (remember that
sys_history is responsible for "undo" abilities of TYPO3)

Finally you can go to install tool: http://yourdomain.com/typo3/install/
and delete all files from typo3temp.

Remember that before the cleaning it is recommended to make a backup of
your TYPO3 installation. Just in case.

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz