[TYPO3] fileadmin why is it not secure?

Pete Novak pete.n at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 12 17:38:41 CEST 2007

Hi all,

what I am wondering is, that all the files in the fileadmin folder are
accessible for all.
You just need to type the URL of what you want , and then you can download
it.

How can i make my fileadmin dir secure that only TYPO3 can acess files
there?
I also want to make it secure in that way, that _nothing_ can be downloaded
byjust typing the url to get mp3, pdf or other documents.
 I want _only_ to allow _authenticated_ BE or FE users to get access to a
certain folder in fileadmin to download things.

any suggestions or Howtos on that?

Thanks