[TYPO3] Problem with domain record

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Wed Jul 11 13:25:03 CEST 2007

Hi Dimitry and Pawel

We are using the jb_status_code redirect 301 inside TYPO3 redirecting from
non www to www. and additionally we use the webmastertool from google to see
www. as the primary domain.

Before Google Ranking without www. was 4 and with www. was 3 and now after
we have don this it is 5 with www.

Why it made this big jumb I really don't know as nearly no content was on
the sites either. I compared these setting with lots of other sites we were
involved and I am not really sure if it is good to REMOVE the redirect. As
doubled Content would be even worse.

By the way best of all would be good and valuable content on the websites
itself ;-)

There was a discussion going on in the German list exactly about this theme
here:
[TYPO3-german] Domains ohne
www.<http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-german/2007-June/034932.html>

By the way the Google Support is very helpful and they will help you to get
all your old links redirected to the new ones, Therefore they need the
sitemap from the old and the one which shows the new paths to the same
pages. I don't think that you already messed it up - it is never to late to
improve and change :-)

Andi