[TYPO3] TemplaVoila ARABIC/HEBREW and ENGLISH in a ONE Tree TYPO3

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Wed Jul 11 06:05:42 CEST 2007

Hi Oleg

Normally - without TYPO3 and TemplaVoila you can work with

and

to do all those switching of the divs

But unforyunately TemplaVoila isn't accepting anything behind the word
"body" It won't map until the end and gets stock somewhere in the midle if
you try it.

Therefor we inserted another div

and

This works fine even inside TemplaVoila and you can map the complete file

But even here you are facing the problem in the onetree concept, that
templaVoila doesn't allow you to insert language dependant
TEMPLATES/Mappings per Site.

We have no real clue to get it working in a onetree setting!

The other Problem is that with CSS you could do all the switching, but
unfortunately CSS1 won't allow to switch writing directions This you have to
do with HTML.

The CSS
unicode-bidi
direction

isn't available in the browsers That's the main Problem otherwise we could
solve everything with CSS only and then we could make two CSS and seperate
them dependent on the language directions.

Have you ever tried to get i.e. arabic and english working in a onetree
setting? including a switching template? I am still searching for TYPO3
People who build Pages in Arabic and Hebrew using TYPO 3 to learn from them.

I found those resources
Internationalization Best Practices: Handling Right-to-left Scripts in XHTML
and HTML Contenthttp://www.w3.org/TR/i18n-html-tech-bidi/
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/handson/dev/Mideast.mspx
http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.1/CD02/archspec/diratt.html

But it is mainly HTML Code and therefore I need to get TWO templates mapped
1. RL
2. LR

what is no problem but NOW ON THE SAME PAGE in LR language Template 2 should
show up while on RL Languages Template 1 should show up. It would be good if
it might be possible to get this working via TYPOScript depending on the
chosen language.
We only would need some kind of DIRECTION identifier for each language and
then the right template for this direction could be chosen even in a one
Tree Setting. Is this possible? Can this be added - if yes HOW?

Thanks for helping

Andi

Andi