[TYPO3] Euro symbol (€) in UTF-8 from locallang.xml

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Tue Jul 10 15:12:21 CEST 2007

This 'might' be a bug in typo3 core.

It does sounds like if correct encoding is not handled correctly
due to the way TYPO3 handles different languages.

Let me ask you this: If you view the non cached version of the language
where the euro symbol is not working (add no_cache=1) does the euro
symbol
look good?

I know some time ago some fields in mysql where switched from blob
field types to textual
field types, this was possible also done for language handling.

may be, just may be setting them back to blobs might solve the problem

Ries
PS: I was thinking out loud... I cannot confirm this here...