[TYPO3] realURL only loads root page

Adam Harvie aharvie at msf.ca
Mon Jul 9 18:28:58 CEST 2007

I've installed CoolURI, and the exact same problem occurs - URL's are
generated correctly, but all links load the root page. I think this is
definitely a problem with the server settings.

I'll get in touch with our ISP people. I'm still curious about the
following though: in other CMSs that I've dealt with, there was always
an explicit mapping of the page path to a GET variable when rewriting
the URL. For example:

RewriteRule (.*) index.php?path=$1

This doesn't occur with the T3 extensions:

RewriteRule .* index.php

Is there an implicit loading of the supplied path into GET variables?
How is it supplied to the CMS/plugin? The problem I'm running into
definitely seems to be that index.php is receiving an empty path, and
that's why it always defaults to the root page. I'm wondering what
Apache settings I should be asking about when I contact the tech support
people.

Thanks,
Adam