[TYPO3] realURL only loads root page

Adam Harvie aharvie at msf.ca
Fri Jul 6 19:57:57 CEST 2007

Ok, after some more experimentation, it seems that the problem lies in
the server configuration somehow. I tried setting up a super basic T3
install on another host, and without any messing about got the realURL
plugin to work. I'm going to contact the provider and see whether we can
solve the problem. I had some more questions for anyone who knows:

-does realURL in any way depend on symlinks? I know that these are
disabled on this host, and it was causing problems when I was initially
installing.

-it seems that the URLs are being successfully encoded, and I know the
decode function is being called in the extension (inserting some hack
debug 'echo' commands shows this), but seems to be fed blank path
information, hence defaulting to the root. I noticed that the apache
config for realURL does not feed the path information back into the
redirected URL, the way I've seen it done on other CMS systems e.g:

RewriteRule (.*) index.php?path=$1

or somesuch. Does anyone know how the path information is passed through
when the URL is rewritten?

Thanks for the help so far.

-Adam