[TYPO3] realURL only loads root page

Adam Harvie aharvie at msf.ca
Wed Jul 4 23:12:22 CEST 2007

Hi all,

Please forgive yet another realURL thread - I've been scouring the
others without success.

I'm trying to get realURL working on a new bilingual site, my first Typo
install. When enabled via TS, the URLs are modified properly in the menu
links, but clicking any of them loads the root page, with the desired
URL in the address bar.

I'm not currently interested in enabling any particular extensions or
other postVars, I just need a url of the form
http://www.msfcanada.com/language/page/
http://www.msfcanada.com/language/page/subpage/
etc.

If I manually enter the language variable, then I get the language
prefix, but the same result when links are clicked. i.e:
www.msfcanada.com/index.php?L=4
generates:
www.msfcanada.com/fr/pagename/

T3: 1.1.4

Here's the relevant TS:

config.simulateStaticDocuments = 0
config.baseURL = http://www.msfcanada.com/
config.tx_realurl_enable = 1
config.uniqueLinkVars = 1
config.linkVars = L

Apache config (I've verified that Rewriting is enabled):

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^typo3$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^typo3/.*$ - [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l
RewriteRule .* index.php
#RewriteRule .* /index.php [L]

I've tried several example congfigurations from the wiki, all with the
same result - here's the current incarnation:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['_DEFAULT'] = array(
         'preVars' => array(
             array(
                 'GETvar' => 'L',
                 'valueMap' => array(
		   'en' => '0',
                    'fr' => '4',
                ),
                'noMatch' => 'bypass',
            ),
        ),
        'fileName' => array (
            'index' => array(
                'page.html' => array(
                    'keyValues' => array (
                        'type' => 1,
                    )
                ),
                '_DEFAULT' => array(
                    'keyValues' => array(
                    )
                ),
            ),
        ),
	   'pagePath' => array(
         'type' => 'user',
         'userFunc' =>
'EXT:realurl/class.tx_realurl_advanced.php:&tx_realurl_advanced->main',
         'spaceCharacter' => '-',
         'languageGetVar' => 'L',
         'expireDays' => 3
		),