[TYPO3] CoolURI and files

Christian Lerrahn (Cerebrum) christian.lerrahn at cerebrum.com.au
Wed Jul 4 07:35:30 CEST 2007

Hi,
I'm using CoolURI and tried to change the configuration to use a
filename for the last level in the path so that /welcome/ would
be /welcome.html instead. For that I added the lines

<urlsuffix>.html</urlsuffix>
<removetrailingslash>1</removetrailingslash>

While now the correct URLs are generated they do not work. The strange
thing is that I get a 'Forbidden' from my web server even though the
URI was properly rewritten to index.php (as I can see from my rewrite
log file). The default config works fine and so does the config where I
don't strip the trailing slash, i.e. I have URIs like welcome/.html.
What am I doing wrong? (I added the 2 additional lines just after the
<cooluri> line.)

TIA,
Christian