[TYPO3] different languages hosted on different servers

Chad Rislov typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de
Wed Jan 31 16:11:10 CET 2007

My original question came from very practical experience - not from trying to cheat Google. Our TLD.com site has a very solid PR6 and ranks very well in Germany where it is hosted. The TLD.de site also does well, but we found that only the home page was showing up in the UK (TLD.co.uk and not TLD.com/uk/). After we moved the TLD.co.uk site to a UK based host, our rankings started moving up (without changing the content very much).

I agree that there are always market leaders that will have high ranking, but for us this concept worked.
Ideally, I would like to have everything on one server (and I assume that is what will end up happening), but I just wanted to know if we could duplicate what we are currently doing with Typo3 (considering it can do EVERYTHING else!!).

Thanks for the debate and for the insight!
Chad