[TYPO3] does extension manager delete the related tables during an extension removal?

Alper Odabasioglu unutma at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 31 16:11:22 CET 2007

I have typo3 3.8.1 installed and would like to upgrade tt_news version from
2.2.24 to 2.4.0.
I checked the system requirements and everything is ok. I backed up the
tables, files(t3x) using the EM and also the files using ftp. My question is
if the tables(data) will be lost when I inactivate and delete the tt_news?
Probably not, but I wanted to be sure. After that I will install the tt_news
2.4.0 using the .t3x file I downloaded from typo3.org and expect that
everything works ok...?

Many thanks for your confirmation..

unutma