[TYPO3] List module in calendar mode

Robert John de Stigter robertjohn at bedrijvenweb.nl
Wed Jan 31 11:15:50 CET 2007

Hi Mario,

I'm thinking of a backend module that works just like the List module (listing records, buttons for new records, etc). Except your layout isn't the plain listing of the records but a calendar that displays all TCA defined records. Required would be that the table has a date field (by default mabye tstamp or crdate if they exist). Which datefield to use should be configurable per table.

I don't think that an extension like this exists yet so maybe I'll work on it. I would very much like to use a existing calendar extension for this. Do you think that "cal" is suited for this? Likely todo's for this would be:

- get rid of not necessary frontend code
- make sure it doens't rely on any TYPO3 frontend objects anymore that are not available in the backend
- place in a backend module enviroment
- merge functions from the List module with it
- rebuild the calendar input from database based to script based

Cheers,
Robert