[TYPO3] menu with 2 pictures as states

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 21:26:26 CET 2007

On 1/30/07, Livius Agrippa <livius_agrippa at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to implement an horizontal menu on the top of my site with the
> first level.
> Every button from this menu will have 2 picture: 1 for active and
> rollover state and one for inactive. The pictures contain also the text
> of the button.
> How can I implement these types of buttons in typoscript?

In HTML/CSS alone, this is quite easily done [1]. To do it dynamically
with TS, is a little trickier. I wrote an extension that helps to
implement menus (and headers etc) like what you're describing in TS
[2], but be warned: you'll still need to do a lot of custom TS. Some
time after the release of 4.1, I'll rewrite it a bit to make it a
little easier to understand, but I think the static TS templates and
the manual are at a level that somebody with a moderate level of TS
experience should be able to understand.

--
Christopher Torgalson

[1] http://alistapart.com/articles/sprites/
[2] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/bh_firtools/1.2.1/