[TYPO3] engineering a module

Ricardo Pereira ricardo at tdwg.org
Mon Jan 29 21:40:29 CET 2007

    Hello Kamp,

    Have you tried the Kickstarter extension
(http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/kickstarter/0.3.8/)? It
generates code for new extensions based on selections you make on a very
nice web user interface. It is really a great tool for creating
extensions and learning about Typo3 as well.

    So, after you install it, go to the Extension Manager in Typo3
backend and select the option "Make new extension" on the menu on the
top of the page. Click the plus button on either of the following
options "New Database Tables" or "Extend existing Tables". Then select
the type "Textarea with the RTE" when adding your new field.

    Even if you don't end up using the code generated automatically by
the Kickstarter, it is often useful to inspect it to learn how to do
things "the right way".

    I hope this helps.

    Cheers,

Ricardo Pereira