[TYPO3] coding help

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Mon Jan 29 17:56:15 CET 2007

Hi,

Typo3 V4.0.4

I need to upgrade ldap_server 0.2.0 to 0.2.1.  According the changelog of
ldap_server 0.2.1, one major change is

"Changed all misconceived calls to tslib_content::callUserFunction to
t3lib_div::callUserFunction. Please note the you can no longer use the
include parameter in MAP_OBJECTS. You must specify a class file in the
userFunc parameter."

What I don't understand is 'you must specify a class file in the userFunc
parameter'.  I understand ldap_server 0.2.1 doesn't support 'include'
anymore.  But how should I modify 'userFunc'?

Part of our current ldap_server (0.2.0) configuration is

==
password = MAP_OBJECT
                password.attribute = department
                password.include =
/data/www/html/typo3-dev/typo3conf/ext/jm_pubcookie/class.tx_jmpubcookie.php
                password.userFunc = tx_jmpubcookie->randomPassword
==

The function 'randomPassword' is defined in the class.tx_jmpubcookie.php
file like this

==
function randomPassword($data, $conf="") {
                $password =
str_shuffle('abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234567890');
                return $password;
        }
==

So should I change password.userFunc to something like

password.userFunc =
/data/www/html/typo3-dev/typo3conf/ext/jm_pubcookie/class.tx_jmpubcookie.php:tx_jmpubcookie->randomPassword
or the 'randomPassword' function itself needs to be changed to get the
class file included???  How?

I don't have much coding experience with typo3.  I'd greatly appreciate if
anybody could shed some light on that.

Thanks in advance,

Bing