[TYPO3] Cannot cut and paste images directly into RTE

Ricardo Pereira ricardo at tdwg.org
Mon Jan 29 11:46:39 CET 2007

     Hello all,

     I'm trying to cut and paste images directly into the RTE (regular
text-only tt_content record) but it just seems to ignore it.

     I am pretty sure I used to be able to cut and paste images directly
into text-only elements from MS Paint (OUCH!) sometime ago. Looking at
one of the pages I created using that feature I can see that the images
I pasted into RTE directly still show up (see
http://www.tdwg.org/membership/available-services/wiki/ for an example).
However, they don't appear on the RTE when I open the content element
for editing.

     I have patched RTE to fix the security problem recently. I'm using
version Typo3 4.0.4 and RTE v1.4.3 and I have the flag "*Enable images
in the RTE*" (enableImages) turned on.

     Was that feature (direct handling of images in RTE) removed or is my
RTE extension just misconfigured?

     Any help would be greatly appreciated.

     Cheers,

Ricardo