[TYPO3] different languages hosted on different servers

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Sat Jan 27 17:04:01 CET 2007

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 09:51:45 +0100, ernst parth wrote
with subject "Re: [TYPO3] different languages hosted on different servers":

> > german sites are sites with a TLD .de
> You are wrong here.
>
> they also can include e.g .org sites or .com sites hosted in germany. A
> search with paramter ".site:.de" woudl not include these.
> Well - actually i can not speak for germany but for Austria:
> search for:  "free .site:.at"  gives different results, than  searching for
> "free" only but using "pages from Austria" option. (to reproduce start your
> search at google.at ). the 2nd search includes free.netbase.org   - this
> server is indeed hosted in Austria.
>
> or try a search for "free .site:.com" for pages from Germany or Austria.
>
> Though i too have my doubts that the physical server location has a big
> influence -if any- on the ranking.
> But maybe Chad has different facts. I would love to see an example.

I just came back from TYPO3-UG-NRW meeting.
We discussed this topic and did some research:
searching for 'test' from 'google.de' and 'google.com' and 'google.com in
english'
with different selections (global, from germany, in german, site:.de)

'from germany' lists indeed domains differnt than only .de

interessting also: searchin for 'test site:.com' and option 'from germany'

it seems (who does it really know?) that google mostly indicates the
language (after TLD) to decide where a site comes from.

we didn't had an example of a domain with a country-TLD different than the
server for doing researches wether a TLD will decide the country.

e.g. is a site with TLD .de hosted outside of germany in the google-list of
sites from germany?

Can someone check it for us?

Bernd
--