[TYPO3] The Podcasts on the TYPO3.ORG-Page

Christian Trabold trabold at mehrwert.de
Wed Jan 24 16:51:49 CET 2007

Hi Rocco,

> this is not really a TYPO3-Specific Question but i was curious how the
> Videocasts are being generated. I was actually thinking about doing
> Tutorials for TYPO3-Customers using the same combination of Screencapturing
> and Webcam-Footage. Is there are all-in-one-program to achive this kind of
> features?

I guess Kasper is doing it the "Mac-way":

- the Screencapturing is done with Snapz Pro X [1].

- The Webcam-Footage is taken by a DV-Cam.

- The Footage and Screencapturing gets imported into iMovie in a snap,
where both are summed up with audio-layer(s), text and some effects into
a great masterpiece-video-podcast.

Finally the Movie gets exported from iMovie [2] into a Quicktime-Movie,
uploaded to server and displayed with the "podkast"-extension.

This *could* be the technical way, of doing it.

HTH

Christian

[1] http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox/
[2] http://www.apple.com/ilife/imovie/features/iweb.html