[TYPO3] AD group relationships lost in LDAP Sync?

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Wed Jan 24 16:05:58 CET 2007

Hi,

We are able to import groups from active directory to typo3 using
ldap_sync, ldap_server, ldap_lib and ldap_auth extensions.  Using groups
for access control on pages works fine.  The problem we're seeing now is
seems like group relationship is lost when groups are sync'ed with the
active directory.  It takes all the imported groups as on the same level.

Say, we imported group A and group B to typo3 from the active directory.
In the active directory, group B is a member of group A.  So in theory, if
privileges are granted to group A, all the members of group B should
inherit the same privileges.  But in Typo3, we give group A access to a
page.  A member of group B cannot see the page.

Would anybody shed some light?

Thanks in advance.

Bing