[TYPO3] Using count_menuItems to split a menu in two parts

Eduardo Trápani eduardo at esperanto.org.uy
Wed Jan 24 14:03:41 CET 2007

> So try to setup the two separate menus as you descriebd and use these
> optionSplits:
>
> for the first menu
>
> doNotShowLink = |*| 0 |*| 1 || 1
>
> for the second menu
>
> doNotShowLink = |*| 1 |*| 0 || 0

Great. Thanks.  That's got to work.  Somehow it doesn't feel "right" to instantiate all those menuitems and then simply turn some of them off, but I have to admit it's a quick a simple solution and it's easy to read too.

> Another option could be to use some PHP array functions, since you are
> already using itemArrayProcFunc. Again you can use two separate menus and
> simply cut off the entries you don't want.

ItemArrayProcFunc is there because of the foldout menu extension, I simply copied it there :).  But it might be a good time to learn about its internal workings and try use it the way you suggest.

Eduardo.