[TYPO3] different languages hosted on different servers

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Jan 24 10:27:43 CET 2007

Hi!

Chad Rislov wrote:
> We are in the process of moving over to Typo3 as it seems to be much
> easier than the system we are currently using.
>
> The current multi-language site has a typical layout (as below).
> mydomain.com/en/home.html
 > mydomain.com/de/home.html
> mydomain.com/fr/home.html
 > mydomain.com/ch/home.html
 >
 > They are all
> hosted on the same server, but to get shown in the local google
> listings, we have localized URLs with the same content hosted on a
> server in that particular country. For example:
 > mydomain.de/home.html - hosted in Germany
 > mydomain.co.uk/home.html - hosted in UK
> mydomain.fr/home.html - hosted in France
 > mydomain.ch/home.html -
> hosted in Switzerland
>
> Is there a way to do this with Typo3?

Why not? Host your typo3 sites in different countries if you want.
However this is the least effective solution. Typo3 gives you a way to
host any localized sites with any domain suffix in a single place. It is
much easier to maintain and synchronize: you may even see where
localized content is missing...

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/