[TYPO3] Using count_menuItems to split a menu in two parts

Eduardo Trápani eduardo at esperanto.org.uy
Wed Jan 24 02:39:52 CET 2007

>>The last two menu items have to be dealt with specially and they are always there.  I wanted to create two menu objects and render them apart.  The second part will always have two items and the first part could have one or many.
>>
>>I tried to isolate them by using begin, maxItems and minItems but I think I'm not getting count_menuItems right.

Thanks for the tips on TS.  Sometimes it's hard to understand it.

> What exactly are you trying to do? Why do you /need/ to count the menu
> items? Tapio might be right about optionSplit being a more efficient
> option, or something like this may work for you:

I'm already using optionSplit, but I have this menuitems in different pages:

one|two|three|red|white

six|seven|eight|nine|red|white

I wanted to have all menu items but the last two (red and white) so that
I could deal with them easier.  There is an image in between and it's a
long long optionSplit to get that working.  The only way I could find to
isolate the last two, besides optionSplit, was maxItems.

I thought it'd be easier to have two menus and deal with each one.

Thanks anyway for your help, it's going to look a bit criptic, but I'll
have to go with the optionSplit option, or recode the working example I
quoted before.

Eduardo.