[TYPO3] how to get Page Number using TS?

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Wed Jan 24 00:26:32 CET 2007

>> lib.pageNumber = CONTENT
>> lib.pageNumber {
>>     table = pages
>>     select {
>>         pidInList.field = pid
>>     }
>>     renderObj = TEXT
>>     renderObj {
>>         if.value.field = uid
>>         if.equals.data = TSFE:id
>>         data = cObj:parentRecordNumber
>>         wrap = <yourwrap>|</goeshere>
>>     }
>>
>> This will take all the (visible) pages on the same level as the
>> current page.
>> It will render the current value of cObj:parentRecordNumber (which
>> is the counter of all the items inside a CONTENT element) but only
>> if the uid of the rendered page is the same as the uid of the
>> current page (which can be found in TSFE:id)
>>
>> Tested and working!
>
> Thanks for the snippit Joey.  It looks good, but I have not been able
> to get to output anything in my dev site.
>
> Is there maybe a static template or something that I should be
> including?
>
> What version of TYPO3 did you test that on, and got a working result?
> Is there a URL where I could take a look?

You don't have to include a static template to make it working, since this
is basic TypoScript that doesn't require anything like CSS-styled-content or
the like.

But I have to admit I didn't test it with TV but with a simple TS setup.
So the snippet is correct but maybe you have to tweak it a bit, since TV
handles pages differently.

Try this one:

lib.pageNumber = CONTENT
lib.pageNumber {